Monday, November 10, 2008

Clint Eastwood Fingerbangs Chinese Gang


Recently the trailer for Clint's other new movie Gran Torino was released. I do realize there is a lot of Oscar buzz for this one, but I don't get that from this. It's bound to be good, but a lot of this stuff seems way more comical to me. Must be it's only me, because nobody else aside from my friend Colleen was laughing when it played before Changeling. How can you not though? The excessive finger guns, all that tobacco spit, and especially the Batman voice. (And people think I'm crazy when I say that I'd like to see Clint star in and direct an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns!)

From this trailer, the film looks a bit silly, but I'm sure it'll surpass that in the end. You know, because it's Clint. But still, he's done some silly-ish things, so let's reflect after the jump, shall we?




Firefox - This film's pretty riveting at some moments, but let me sum up what's going on here that the trailer doesn't tell you about: The Russians have this advanced plane that is controlled by the pilot's thoughts. Clint Eastwood is a former Air Force pilot that's recruited to the mission because he has two vital qualities: he speaks Russian (because obviously you have to think IN Russian when you control the plane), and he has the same flight suit size as the guy they have flying it.


Every Which Way But Loose - You can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood and a monkey. Or monkeys in general. And more fingerguns!

Paint Your Wagon - Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin sing! Unfortunately, it's not as funny as this:




Or this:

No comments: