Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Anybody who can blast his friend in the face and get him to take the rap for it is my kind of citizen!"

Tomorrow marks a sad day: the series finale of Boston Legal. I've got to admit that I've come on late in the game on watching the show, but I've grown to love it rather quickly. The writing is simultaneously poignant and irrelevant. A show that can masterfully weave topics such as gun control, euthanasia, and every other issue of controversy you can think of into a series that features characters like Denny Crane who suffers from Mad Cow and likes to shoot bad guys deserves to stay on the air for as long as it wishes.



Below is a clip that I recently saw for the first time on the Season 3 DVD's that I feel perfectly encapsulates both the heart and absurdity packed into the series. If you're a latecomer like I was, I highly recommend seeking out the DVD's of this series.

No comments: