Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Alan Moore still hates everything

I was reading the newest issue of Wizard and it looks like they got comic book legend Alan Moore to come out of his cave to say some words about what he thought about some shows on television. Normally this is the kind of thing where an artist talks about different shows they like and why the like it, but apparently Moore just hates everything, except for The Wire and South Park.



Having recently realized how awful Heroes has gotten, I was particularly amused to read what he had to say about that program, although I'm sure it would have amused me if I still liked it. Maybe Moore's bitter because he thought Nathan Petrelli's fake Oklahoma!-style beard was making fun of his own. Anyway, here's what Alan Moore had to say about Heroes. Spoiler alert, I guess, if you didn't see the first season:

I saw the last episode of Season One where the flying superhero [Nathan Petrelli] and his brother, the exploding superhero [Peter Petrelli], have a little moment and a bit of a hug and then the flying guy takes the exploding guy up into the atmosphere above New York where he undergoes a nuclear explosion to the great relief of all the spectators. You know, again, it wouldn't have taken much. All you'd have had to do, as I understand it, and I speak as somebody who doesn't actually have an Internet connection and has very little idea what an Internet connection is, but I understand there is this thing called 'Google' and that apparently you just have to put a couple of words into it and magically it will provide all your reference for you. You don't even have to get up out of your seat. If you'd have just put, 'nuclear explosion,' say, into Google then I'm sure that somewhere in that it would have explained that an air burst is much, much, much, much, much, much worse than a ground burst. I hope that if that unlikely situation should ever come about, I hope that the superpowered beings who will presumably be around to save us from it are perhaps a bit more intelligent, otherwise we're doomed. So no, I'm not a big fan of Heroes, got to say.

No comments: